Run a manual backup to export an encrypted file of your Olvid profiles backup to your device.
You will be able to transfer it safely by any non-secure means (email, cloud…) and from iOS to Android and vice versa.
- Make sure that you always have the latest version of Olvid.
- If you change OS (iOS <-> Android):
Perform a manual backup because automatic backup will not work.
Otherwise, enable automatic backup instead to sleep easy 😴.
- Please, read the warnings about the backup.
How to start?
First, generate your backup key. Then…
- Tap > Backup settings .
- Tap backup and share now.
- The standard iOS sharing screen appears and allows you to choose where to save the backup file (with
- Tap > Backup settings.
- Tap Initiate a manual backup.
- Choose where to save the backup file (with
You can verify your backup.
Find out what to do if your manual backup doesn’t work.